In preparation for the return of the Ice Cross Downhill World Championship Finale, track construction will begin February 9, 2018. Construction activities will be mainly between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. in Louise McKinney Riverfront Park and on 101 Avenue between Jasper Avenue and 96 Street. Specific impacts include:
• Full closure, 101 Avenue between 96 Street and Jasper Avenue, February 9 at 7 a.m. to March 19 at 12 p.m.
• Full closure, Grierson Hill, February 10 and 11 between 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. daily, February 12 between 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. and February 13 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Full closure, Grierson Hill, February 18 between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Access Shaw Conference Centre and TransEd through Rossdale Road leading up to Grierson Hill. (includes the MUP going down Grierson Hill.)
• Potential closure if required, Grierson Hill, February 19 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. (includes the MUP going down Grierson Hill.)
• West lane closure, 96 Street, south of Jasper Avenue, March 5 at 6 a.m. to March 14 at 4 p.m.
Grierson Hill Lot will be closed on Monday, February 19 beginning at 7:00 a.m.
Louise McKinney Riverfront Park and Trail Access
Park and trail access will be temporarily restricted or detoured during track construction. Please obey posted signs.
Additional impacts, including road closures, parking restrictions and transit detours, will be shared closer to the event. Red Bull will release track details closer to the event.
Red Bull Crashed Ice will be held in Edmonton on March 9 and 10, 2018. The track will start on Jasper Avenue and swerve through Louise McKinney Riverfront Park. Tickets start at just $5/day and are on sale now at redbullcrashedice.com/tickets.
Return to News