Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Wait Staff to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Serving which includes attending the service meeting prior to a function and providing service to the assigned station or location with a designated partner.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of their workstation, assisting other employees whenever possible, maintaining all storage areas, reporting any damaged equipment to management and taking appropriate action, and being supportive in basic event set-ups.
- Bartending duties, when required, which include providing drink service to guests, setup or teardown of rooms, and cleaning and maintaining the equipment.
- Providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a cooperative work environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior serving experience and their ProServe certification.
- Superior customer service skills
- Able to take direction, take responsibility for cash occasionally when working as a cashier, and develop great working relationships with other departments.
- Wait Staff are required to stand and walk for extended periods of time, and heavy lifting is sometimes required.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by August 24, 2018. Click on the link below to apply