Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way”, “Make an Impact, “and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Steward to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Steward will be responsible for cleaning all dishes, glassware and flatware, and storing them in appropriate areas.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collecting soiled dishware from halls and meeting rooms.
- Sorting all of the dishes according to size and shape, empty glassware on appropriate racks, and place cutlery in bus pans.
- Confirming all machine parts are in appropriate positions and the water levels are accurate, and all dishes are properly sanitized and polished.
- Ensuring to keep a clean work station by thoroughly rinsing out machines, mopping, and locking the soap room at the end of every shift.
- Confirming all dishes are neatly and safely stored in designated areas.
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior dishwashing experience.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Fostering positive relationships with other departments will be important for this opportunity along with being professional and helpful when in contact with clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle stressful situations appropriately and adhere to long periods of standing, walking, pushing, heavy lifting and grasping.
- Knowledge of sanitation controls and the use of cleaning supplies is considered an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. Please apply to the position before November 2, 2018. Click on the link below to apply