Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way”, “Make an Impact, “and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Steward Supervisor to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the Kitchen Steward, Steward and Kitchen Porter in the cleaning and sanitizing of all flatware, glassware, silverware and the maintenance of cleaning tools and supplies and storing them in designated areas.
- Ensure the upkeep and preservation of the ware washing room(s), chinaware storage room, cleaning/non-cleaning storage room and food preparation rooms
- Maintaining all service stations, clearing stations and food plating areas so they are ready for their purpose
- Ensuring that all requisitions from the banquet, culinary and other departments are completed and positioned accordingly
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years experience working in a hotel/convention setting
- Post Secondary degree in Hospitality Management or related program would be considered an asset
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Knowledge of health and safety, food safety, and understands the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office programs
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until filled. Click on the link below to apply