Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
With a vision to be one of Canada’s top performing convention centres by 2020, everything we do is dedicated towards pushing the limits of providing the very best experience a planner or guest has ever had, anywhere. We do this by hiring the world’s best employees. From housekeepers, stewards, event and client services staff to chefs, security personnel, sales managers and marketers, our people are what makes the Shaw Conference Centre a preferred destination for nearly 650 meetings, conventions and events, and 500,000 guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Security Guard to join our team. This role serves as a significant resource for our entire building, providing a full range of responsibilities surrounding SCC events and ensuring the safety and security of staff, clients, contractors and members of the public.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Accessing control of the venue during on and off hours
- Monitoring the venues CCTV and alarm systems
- Enforcing SCC’s venue and parking enforcement polices
- Conducting interior and exterior patrols of the venue and adjacent properties
- Completing investigations including written reporting, documentation, and the collection of evidence
- Managing various types of emergency situations
- Maintaining the following systems; Lost and Found, Key Control, Contractor Accreditations, Function Card Programming and Lighting Controls
The successful candidate will have:
- Must have a valid Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act License (SSIA License)
- Minimum 1 year of service industry related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, be proactive, and adapt to a variety of tasks and priorities
- Excellent knowledge of Criminal Code statues, Provincial legislation, and Municipal bylaws
- The following certificates will be considered an asset but not required; Standard First Aid Level C with AED, Verbal Judo, PPCT or CTSS
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by April 14, 2018. Click on the link below to apply