Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, is a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
With a vision to be one of Canada’s top performing convention centres, everything we do is dedicated towards pushing the limits of providing the very best experience a planner or guest has ever had, anywhere. We do this by hiring the world’s best employees. From housekeepers, stewards, event and client services staff to chefs, security personnel, sales managers and marketers, our people are what makes the Shaw Conference Centre a preferred destination for nearly 650 meetings, conventions and events, and 500,000 guests annually. If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We have an exciting temporary opportunity for an enthusiastic and organized professional to join our Sales team as a Sales Manager. This role will focus on securing new business in their respective territory with a strong focus on current business development, including renewing existing key accounts and promoting the Shaw Conference Centre as the destination for meetings, conventions and events!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Responding to sales inquiries, prospects and qualifies leads and solicits potential clients. Conducts site visits, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts and services accounts.
- Prospecting and follow-up on all tentative business.
- Responding to enquires from Edmonton Tourism by booking space, submitting proposals, contracts and monitoring their tentative space. As well as referring business leads to Edmonton Tourism when clients require hotel or other Tourism services.
- Assisting the Sr. Manager of Sales and Client Services in developing sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue goals.
- Provides statistical information and sales data on areas of market responsibility and assists with trend analysis.
- Producing monthly sales reports to include record of bookings and status, plus track all client’s activities for reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Posses a University degree or diploma in marketing, tourism, sales or hospitality.
- 3 – 5 years of related sales experience in large convention centres or hotels preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, be proactive, and adapt to a variety of tasks and priorities.
- Experience with strategic planning
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by October 14, 2018. Click on the link below to apply