Edmonton Economic Development cultivates energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton Economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead the Way, Make an Impact, and Caring for One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983. We are looking for an energetic professional to join our administration team as a Receptionist.
The Shaw Conference Centre Receptionist is the first point of contact for guests and clients, handling internal and external inquires in person as well as over the phone, email and the SCC website. This role provides administrative support to the Administration team when needed and is a key member of the Guest Experience Department.
With their positive attitude, the Receptionist will support the Shaw Conference Centre in creating a memorable first impression to all guests, clients and staff. This position will be responsible for answering, screening, and routing all incoming calls in a professional manner; responding to website requests for information and/or follow up; assisting in the planning and preparation of internal meetings; participating in Guest Experience meetings and assisting in training when required; always ensuring a welcoming environment.
This position also supports the Administrative team by providing support such as:
- Ordering all office supplies
- Maintaining adequate supply inventory, while tracking the stationary budget
- Coordinating the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Monitoring health and safety concerns within the office environment
- Maintaining documentation and electronic filing system
- Handling all incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Updating external website and intranet
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience with and knowledge of MS Office full suite, particularly working with excel spreadsheets and various databases
- Experience in the hotel or hospitality industry would be considered an asset
- A professional demeanor and ability to be discreet, diplomatic and tactful with sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Superior communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- The ability to adapt well to change and constant improvement
- Confidence and drive to work independently in a multi-task and team environment
If this great opportunity sparks your interest, we want to hear from you! In your cover letter, tell us why you would make an outstanding impression as our first point of contact! Submit your cover letter and resume by June 18th, 2018.