Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way”, “Make an Impact, “and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Housekeeping Supervisor to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing direction and guidance to department staff in their daily work tasks and for ensuring the Shaw Conference Centre meets standards of cleanliness required by management.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the interior of the building including the offices, windows, floors, furniture, drapes, walls just to name a few.
- Ensuring the safety operation of equipment, completes preventive maintenance requirements following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Maintaining cleaning supplies, placing orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 – 5 years of housekeeping experience, and supervisory experience would be considered an asset.
- Superior customer service skills; ensuring all guests have a positive experience while in our building, and while interacting with our staff.
- Knowledge of standard methods, policies, procedures, materials, tools, and equipment employed in the housekeeping care and the maintenance of buildings.
- Knowledge of Occupational Hazards and Safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Good oral and written communication skills, meet deadlines, and the ability to prioritize, assess problems and make decisions.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by April 23, 2018. Click on the link below to apply