Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Housekeeper to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the interior of the building including the offices, function rooms, main entrances, staff areas, windows, floors, furniture, drapes, catwalks, escalators and elevators to provide exceptional guest experience.
- Maintaining the buildings appearance.
- Keeping inventory of supplies, operating vacuums and floor washing machines, as well as emptying trash and recycling are just a few of the key activities for this role.
- Maintaining a safe work environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1 year of janitorial or housekeeping experience.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Superior customer service skills; ensuring all guests have a positive experience while in our building, and while interacting with our staff.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle stressful situations appropriately and adhere to long standing, walking, pushing, heavy lifting and grasping.
- WHMIS certification would be considered an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until filled. Click on the link below to apply