Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way,” “Make an Impact,” and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Guest Service Host to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Welcoming guests, clients, and staff with professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Providing a great first impression of the Shaw Conference Centre.
- Providing assistance to guests in locating the destination room and is knowledgeable of surrounding Edmonton area with the ability to provide directions.
- Being a supporter and on-brand representative while providing general information regarding Shaw Conference Centre and downtown events and promoting the City of Edmonton.
- Taking tickets and ID checking at certain events as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous customer service experience and previous experience in hospitality or a conference centre environment.
- ProServe certification.
- Knowledge of a second language would be considered an asset.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Superior verbal communication and interpersonal skills, good problem solving and decision-making skills, is positive and energetic, conducts oneself in a professional manner, and is able to deal with sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by August 25, 2018. Click on the link below to apply