Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; “Public Stewardship,” “Selfless Approach,” “Lead the Way”, “Make an Impact, “and “Caring for One Another.” Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Event Service Crew to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Setting up and taking down equipment, tables, chairs, bleachers and staging.
- Ensuring that the rooms are presentable and clean for clients to use.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry in convention or trade facilities is an asset.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and coordinate tasks with team members
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment and materials that are up to 50lbs and comfortable operating equipment such as forklifts and tools.
- The Shaw Conference Centre operates 24-7 so the successful candidate must be available to work a variety of shifts.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by April 23, 2018. Click on the link below to apply