Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Cook 2 – Demi Chef to join our team. This role will assist the Sous Chefs and Chef de Partie in creating a smooth day-to day operation of the kitchen. Outstanding planning, preparation and presentation of food within their team will be of the utmost importance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing food, observing the methods of preparation: feel, taste, smell, viewing color, texture, and garnishments.
- Informing subordinates of necessary adjustments to maintain quality standards and presentation and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a cook is required.
- Interprovincial Journeyman Cook Certification is preferred.
- Excellent customer service through their culinary knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and make quick decisions.
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until filled. Click on the link below to apply