Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, is a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Cook 1 – Chef de Partie to join our team. This role will assist the department in creating a smooth day-to day operation of the kitchen by leading members of the Culinary team at the Shaw Conference Centre. Outstanding planning, preparation and presentation of food within their team will be of the utmost importance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing of food with modern and creative techniques
- Maintaining organization, timeliness and delivery of all food that is prepared by the team
- Providing direction and assistance to their team of cooks, this individual will ensure full utilization of employee capabilities and skill sets
- Acting as a role model to department members by providing daily observations, direction and assistance to the team, as well as members of the management team
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for their employees to flourish in. Establishing good working relationships with other departments will be essential for efficient operation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a cook, and 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role is required
- Interprovincial Journeyman Cook Certification
- Excellent customer service through their culinary knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by September 10th, 2018. Click on the link below to apply