Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Bartender to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Serving beverages which includes taking beverage orders from the Wait Staff or directly from the guests
- Serving alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic beverages from the bar stations, and butler service to individual tables or reception environment
- Mixing ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Setting up and take down of the bar units; loading bar units with beverages and mixes; cleaning glassware, utensils, and bar equipment; reporting damaged equipment to supervisors; and checking proof of age
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior bartender experience and must have ProServe certification
- Superior customer service skills
- Additional courses such as First Aid training, wine tasting, and mixology, etc. would be considered an asset
- Able to take direction, take responsibility for cash occasionally when working as a cashier, and develop great working relationships with other departments
- Bartenders are required to stand and walk for extended periods of time, may work in noisy and dark environments, and expected to lift cases of product and move loaded carts
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until filled. Click on the link below to apply