Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for energetic and customer service focused Apprentice Cooks to join our kitchen team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Demi Chef and Chef de Partie with the preparation of food / baked goods using modern technology and methods.
- Observing methods of food preparation; feels, tastes and smells prepared dishes, viewing color, texture, and garnishments.
- Ensuring correct and timely distribution of food or product to required locations.
- Rotating all items in refrigerators to minimize spoilage.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen; assisting in cleaning, washing within the kitchen, including in-depth cleaning.
The successful candidate will have:
- Currently registered with the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) in the Cook or Baker program.
- Knowledgeable of safe food handling standards and has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, assess problems and make prompt decisions is an asset.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until filled. Click on the link below to apply