Northern Lands will be a place to learn about wine, to taste it, to drink it with food from one of Canada’s most fertile agricultural regions and culinary labs, and to gather for a pint of the country’s most exciting craft beers. All that and Northern Lands raises funds for the High School Culinary Challenge and the Edmonton Community Foundation Grateful Palate Fund.
For a list of wineries, chefs, craft breweries and craft distillers, click here.
Meet Your Makers
Meet Your Makers is a thrilling opportunity to spend some time with the country’s best as we eat and drink Canada in our glasses and on our plates. Celebrate the winemakers, brewmasters, principals and chefs responsible for the innovation and quality evolution of the Canadian wine, craft beverage and culinary industries.
- over 50 wineries, craft breweries and craft distillers and 30 chefs will be participating
- walk-about consumer tasting (all inclusive – no tasting tickets)
- meet the winemakers/brewmasters and principals and taste many of the finest wines and craft beers in Canada
- winemakers’/brewmasters’ Ping Pong Tournament
- virtual store – order product being poured at event (if available in Alberta)
- local and national food producers & chefs
- premium silent auction
- net proceeds support the High School Culinary Challenge and The Edmonton Community Foundation Grateful Palate Fund
New to Northern Lands in 2017 is the presentation of a feature country, Italy, through a partnership with VinItaly. VinItaly is the world’s largest wine show attracting 130,000 visitors from 140 countries each year to Verona. It is the quintessential showcase for the Italian wine industry. VinItaly Canada – Edmonton (May 2-3, 2017) will be entirely dedicated to Italian wine and spirits (Italian-Canadian comparative and collaborative tastings and dinners will be held on May 4 and the all-Canadian events will take place on May 5-6). During the two days, VinItaly Canada – Edmonton will boast a rich and engaging program that will include trade and consumer walk-a-bout tastings and producer dinners and events.
There will also be a number of educational tastings, seminars and masterclasses for trade and consumers explaining and broadcasting the great diversity of Italian wine grape varieties and wines led by Dr. Ian D’Agata (VinItaly’s Scientific Director and the world’s foremost authority on Italian wines) and a number of international wine journalists and experts.